Tuesday, March 11, 2014

2014 American Crossword Puzzle Tournament at the Brooklyn Bridge Mariott


Had a wonderful time meeting and/or reconnecting with puzzle friends.  My dog was a big hit, as usual.  

Emmy, as we call her in public, was a pro at working the crowd, and totally shameless when it came to asking for a good belly rub.   

Here are some pix.  (Also, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a 2-minute video about my dog:  My Assistance Dog


On the High Line w/my husband & son

Rex & his lovely wife


Karen from the Cape

Bob K, LMS, mac

With Howard B. (the 3rd-place winner), who is just a doll!

When I mentioned to someone at my table about Howard B. and how nice he was, that person said "That's really saying something in this crowd, because all the constructors are nice, so he must be REALLY nice."  And he is.

My dog with the beautiful ACME

Sporting her crossword bandanna!  


Will Shortz



ACME


Ade Koiki


The judging room


with BEQ (Puzzle 5's creator - though he's really not
mean at all in person....)




Marking puzzles is exhausting.....









2 comments:

  1. Jen...I just finished looking at your blog....I love the pictures and I LOVE the video of you and EMMY. For some reason it made me teary!
    I'll keep coming back here to see all of your pictures.....Thanks for your input..;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. High Line... Indeed!
    Wonderful pictures, thanks Jen.

    ReplyDelete